About Guilhem Ribart
My name is Guilhem Ribart, I’m a french photographer and I intend to show you something different, free from all Photoshop artefacts and effects. That’s why I called this blog “Pure Photography“.
I like to work with fixed and old / manual lenses because they’re way more better than the new plastic ones.
I’m a Pentax / Ricoh user and I currently own a Pentax K3 DSLR and a Ricoh GR. I also own more than 17 lenses, some of them manufactured in the 60’s and I can say that they’re much more enjoyable to use than most of new lenses.
I learnt photography by my own, by reading, practicing and talking / sharing with people. I’m very thankful to Simon Wheatley I met in Oujda in 2009 and who intensively taught me about the philosophy of photography and the way to work with light.
I think I became a photographer the moment he taught me and make me understand that photography is everything but technical or size of the gear. That’s the main difference between as being a photographer as he is and the geek who thinks to be a photographer.
And this is all the difference of being part of Magnum Agency as he was and to be a casual wedding professional photographer….
I like to meet people, talk and live among them to understand how they live. I think that in our “occidental” countries we always want other people to be and live like us, that happiness is to eat burgers, watch American movies and go to big malls… For me, all of this is NOT real life and this is not happiness!
I’m travelling a lot outside Europe and I’m always amazed to see that people in “poor” countries are much more smiling than we are in Occident.
They sometime own nothing at all but they always welcome you to drink some tea, share their meals and let you sleep in their room! I don’t know any “rich” countries where people can do the same!
I’m convinced that meeting other people, other cultures and sharing thoughts is the true richness because this is the inner wealth!
That’s why I want to travel and like to get back all these smiles with me to show you something different of what you watch at your TV!
Welcome into my world and subscribe to my newsletter to receive all my last news!
- PCA Exhibition Adriatic
- PCA Balkan Dream
- Barain / Saudi Arabia – Middle East Grand Circuit
- Greece – 3th Greek Circuit
- PCA Salon Grand Exhibition
- Australia – Sydney Harbour International
- China – 5th PSA China
- Egypt – EIP Awards
- France – 9th Digital Tour 2014
- Greece – 2nd Greek Photos Circuit
- Greece – 2nd Olympic Photo Circuit
- Holland – Holland International Image Circuit
- Macedonia – Soul 2014
- Serbia – Adriatic Exhibition 2014
- Serbia – Belgrade International Salon 2014
- Serbia – 2nd Exhibition of Photography Portrait
- Turkey – MOF 2013 International Photography Exhibition
- Egypt – International Biennale for Photographic Art
- Greece – Olympic Photo Circuit
- Belgium – ISO 2013
- Macedonia – International exhibition of art photography MOMENT
- International Modern Art Award for Conceptual Elements | PAKS Gallery
- Photo Annual Awards / Czech Republic
- First place in Nature section | Curated by Tomas Pospiszyl, Jiri Jaskmanicky, Radek Burda
EXHIBITIONS & ART FAIRS
- Artitude Gallery – Paris / France | Curated by JP Lorriaux
- Anne Broitman Gallery – Biarritz / France
- SPECTRUM Miami – Miami / USA
- SCOPE Art Beach – Miami / USA
- Montreux Art Gallery – Montreux / Switzerland
- Contemporary Art Salon PAKS Gallery – Hubertendorf Castle / Austria
- Saphira & Ventura Gallery – New York / USA | Curated by JP Lorriaux
- MAMAG Modern Art Museum – Castle Hubertendorf / Austria | Curated by Heinz Playner
- Photo Annual Awards – Teplice / Czech Republic
- 5th Annual Exposure Award – Louvre Museum, Paris / France
- Salon Art Shopping – Carrousel du Louvre, Paris / France
- Cow Artworks – Johannesburg / South Africa | Curated by Doreen Pfeiffer
- Gallerie F/5.6 – Munich / Germany | Curated by Katrin Weber
- PAKS Gallery – Castle Hubertendorf / Austria | Curated by Heinz Playner
- VISA Off Festival Perpignan / France
- Beijing / China
- Egyptian Centre for International Cultural Cooperation – Cairo / Egypt
- International Art Festival – Meknes / Morocco
- La Grande Motte / France
- International Art Festival – Meknes / Morocco
- International Photography Festival – Oujda / Morocco
- Link to my english resume
- Mecenavie – France – 09/2015
- Nachrichten – Austria – 02/2015
- About Art Magazine – Austria – 02/2015
- Modern Art Museum Gallery – Austria – 02/2015
- VISA Off Exhibition – France – 09/2014
- El Arham – Egypt – 12/2013
- La Grande Motte Exhibition – France – 11/2011
- Cairo Exhibition – Live Interview on Nile TV – 12/2013
- About Art Magazine
- L’oeil de la photographie
- Der Greif Magazine
- Guest room by Katrin Weber
- Paris Salon Art Shopping
- The Black Container initiative